- A Randomized Trial of Unruptured Brain Arteriovenous Malformations | ARUBA
Upon the recommendation of the ARUBA Data and Safety Monitoring Board, the NINDS has stopped enrollment of patient volunteers into the trial.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) is the organization that speaks for all of neurosurgery. The AANS is dedicated to advancing the specialty of neurological surgery in order to promote the highest quality of patient care.
- Aneurysms | Boston Children's Hospital
Information about cerebral aneurysms and their treatment options.
- Angiogenesis, Self Help & Diet | The Butterfly AVM Charity
An angiogenesis inhibitor is a substance that inhibits the growth of new blood vessels (angiogenesis). Some angiogenesis inhibitors are a normal part of the body’s control, some are administered as drugs, and some come from diet.
- Arterio-Venous Malformation (AVM) Hemorrhage: Craniotomy, Neuronavigation and Surgical Repair (Video)
Sade tells the story of two cerebral hemorrhages that threatened her life at the age of 19. Her neurosurgeon, Dr. Liu, removed the clot, then monitored her progress with MRIs every 2 months to find the cause and prevent a recurrence.
- Arteriovenous Malformation – Cerebral | University of Maryland Medical Center
Encyclopedia for Medical Reference published by the University of Maryland Medical Center about Arteriovenous Malformation.
- Arteriovenous Malformation | Mayo Clinic
Treatment options offered at the Mayo Clinic (one can request appointments in Arizona, Florida, and Minnesota), how to obtain appointments, information about their clinical trials, research, and patient stories.
- Arteriovenous Malformations (AVM) | Johns Hopkins Medicine
Information and treatment options for Arteriovenous Malformation.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | American Association of Neurological Surgeons
AANS’s page dedicated to AVMs, detailing statistics, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | Boston Children's Hospital
Simplified informational pages on arteriovenous malformations by the Boston Children’s Hospital, with a focus on AVMs in children when discussing tests, treatment and care, and research.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | Medscape
Background information, pathophysiology, epidemiology, and treatment information for Arteriovenous Malformation.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | National Brain Aneurysm Center
Concise informational page about AVMs, how they are detected, diagnostic testing, and treatment options.
- Barrow Neurological Institute
Neurological Institute situated in Phoenix, Arizona with the mission to advance the knowledge and practice of medicine in neuroscience through basic and clinical research, education of medical professionals, and innovation in clinical techniques and techn
- Brain Aneurysm & AVM Center | Neurovascular Center of Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard and Massachusetts General Hospital’s collaborative directory for information, support, articles, and more on AVMs.
- Brain Aneurysms – Information and Resources for Patients and Physicians
Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery’s (SNIS) comprehensive informational website about brain aneurysms.
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformations | Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group
The Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group’s informative document on AVMs, types, causes, symptoms, treatments, etc. with the option of obtaining a printable copy of the information.
- Brain AVM | Mayo Clinic
Information about brain arteriovenous malformation is divided up into “Basics” (definition, symptoms, causes, risk factors, complications, preparing for your appointment, tests and diagnosis, treatments and drugs), “In-Depth” (complications, treatments an
- Cerebral (Brain) Aneurysms | Johns Hopkins Medicine
Information and treatment options for Brain Aneurysms.
- Crazy Meds: The Good, The Bad, and The Funny
You can learn what’s good, what’s bad, what’s interesting, and what’s plain weird & funny about the medications used to treat common psychiatric and/or neurological conditions. The information on the website is designed to help you work with your doct
- Find a Vascular Specialist | VascularWeb
VascularWeb’s page to aid in finding a vascular specialist by last name, state, or country.
- International RadioSurgery Association
Offers descriptions of various types of surgical procedures that a patient with AVM may go through, including embolization, microsurgery, and radiosurgery. Also offers a PDF file titled “AVM Practice Guideline,” which aims to “develop a consensus-based ra
- Interview & Footage: Minimally Invasive Brain Aneurysm Repair | Baptist Health South Florida
Watch a webcast of a minimally invasive brain aneurysm repair from Baptist Health Neuroscience Center in Miami, Florida.
- Preparing Patients for Possible Neuropsychological Consequences After Brain Surgery | Barrow Quarterly
Over the years, many patients have expressed the opinion that some discussion of such possible sequelae before surgery would have been helpful to them. This article documents one patient’s eloquent statement about this issue.
- Questions to Ask Your Neurosurgeon | Spine Universe
List of questions to ask your neurosurgeon on the first visit. (Change some of the questions around to match your own condition.)
- Stroke Services | Baptist Health South Florida
Neuroscience Center at Baptist Hospital features a dedicated 35-bed patient care unit and specially trained nurses, neurologists and neurosurgeons to meet the needs of neurological patients.
- Suppression of MMP-9 by doxycycline in brain arteriovenous malformations | Bio Med Central
The primary aim of this study is to demonstrate the feasibility of utilizing doxycycline to suppress matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in brain arteriovenous malformations.
- The Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group
Group dedicated to the study and multidisciplinary care of neurological conditions that affect or arise from blood vessels of the brain.
- Treatment for Arteriovenous Malformation | Stroke Association
Short explanations on diagnoses and factors that go into deciding upon a treatment, types of treatments (medical therapy, surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, interventional neuroradiology/endovascular neurosurgery), and overview of what kinds of doctors s
- Treatment of Arteriovenous Malformation | The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation
Outlines treatment options (surgery, radiosurgery, embolization, conservative medical management, options in children, treatment during pregnancy) with diagrams as well as information on how to make informed decisions and information on what special consi
- Treatment of Vascular Malformations | Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group
Explains treatment options of various vascular malformations using websites, flash, and videos.
- Treatment Options for Cerebral Aneurysms | American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Various treatment options for cerebral aneurysms detailed by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Vascular Conditions, Tests, Treatments | VascularWeb
Society for Vascular Surgery’s comprehensive database of vascular conditions, tests, and treatments.
- Vascular Malformations Of The Brain Program | Boston Children's Hospital
Provides information about AVMs, Cavernous Malformations, Vein of Galen Malformations, and Aneurysms, as well as about their Brain Vascular malformation Programs.
- VascularWeb | Society for Vascular Surgery
Comprehensive database for vascular conditions, tests, and treatment options provided by the Society for Vascular Surgery.
- What is Arteriovenous Malformation? | Stroke Association
Information about avms, their types, ways of diagnoses, and treatments, as well as reference on what kinds of professionals specialize in treating brain AVMs.
- What is Cerebral Aneurysm? | Neurovascular & Stroke Institute Physicians Regional
Information about cerebral aneurysms, risk factors, symptoms of both ruptured and unruptured aneurysms, and treatment options.