- About Arteriovenous Malformation | The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation
Basic information about the blood vessel anatomy of the brain, overview of AVM, causes, detection, symptoms, references, information about AVMs in children and during pregnancy, and treatment and recovery information.
- Arteriovenous Malformation – Cerebral | HealthDesk
Basic information provided by HealthDesk about Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation, such as causes, incidence, risk factors, symptoms, signs and tests, treatment, and prognosis.
- Arteriovenous Malformation – Cerebral | MedlinePlus
MedlinePlus (part of National Institutes of Health and National Library of Medicine)’s webpage about cerebral arteriovenous malformation and its symptoms, causes, treatment, prognosis, and possible complications.
- Arteriovenous Malformation – Cerebral | University of Maryland Medical Center
Encyclopedia for Medical Reference published by the University of Maryland Medical Center about Arteriovenous Malformation.
- Arteriovenous Malformation & Other Vascular Lesions of the CNS | MedicineNet
Information on what arteriovenous malformation is, symptoms, health consequences, research, sources, and sections about vascular lesions of the Central Nervous System.
- Arteriovenous Malformation | Brain & Spine Foundation
Informational page on AVM with diagram, discussions of types of AVMs, and causes.
- Arteriovenous Malformation | Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic’s page on arteriovenous malformation, which goes over treatment, prognosis, research, and resources. Also provides opportunities to ask a health educator questions live, or to call the clinic toll free or chat online with a heart and vasc
- Arteriovenous Malformation | Mayfield Clinic
Overview of symptoms, treatments, clinical trials, glossary, diagnosis, and sources about arteriovenous malformation, as well as information about how to calculate lifetime risk of rupture.
- Arteriovenous Malformation | Mayo Clinic
Treatment options offered at the Mayo Clinic (one can request appointments in Arizona, Florida, and Minnesota), how to obtain appointments, information about their clinical trials, research, and patient stories.
- Arteriovenous Malformation | National Institute of Health
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke’s page about Arteriovenous Malformation, treatments, prognosis, research, clinical trials, organizations, and additional resources from MedlinePlus.
- Arteriovenous Malformations (AVM) | Johns Hopkins Medicine
Information and treatment options for Arteriovenous Malformation.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | American Association of Neurological Surgeons
AANS’s page dedicated to AVMs, detailing statistics, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | Boston Children's Hospital
Simplified informational pages on arteriovenous malformations by the Boston Children’s Hospital, with a focus on AVMs in children when discussing tests, treatment and care, and research.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | Medscape
Background information, pathophysiology, epidemiology, and treatment information for Arteriovenous Malformation.
- Arteriovenous Malformations | National Brain Aneurysm Center
Concise informational page about AVMs, how they are detected, diagnostic testing, and treatment options.
- AVM Grading System | The Barrow Neurological Institute
Grading system for AVMs developed by Spetzler and Martin in 1986 to estimate the risk of surgery for each patient.
- Brain Aneurysm & AVM Center | Neurovascular Center of Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard and Massachusetts General Hospital’s collaborative directory for information, support, articles, and more on AVMs.
- Brain Aneurysms – Information and Resources for Patients and Physicians
Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery’s (SNIS) comprehensive informational website about brain aneurysms.
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformations | Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group
The Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group’s informative document on AVMs, types, causes, symptoms, treatments, etc. with the option of obtaining a printable copy of the information.
- Brain AVM | Mayo Clinic
Information about brain arteriovenous malformation is divided up into “Basics” (definition, symptoms, causes, risk factors, complications, preparing for your appointment, tests and diagnosis, treatments and drugs), “In-Depth” (complications, treatments an
- Brain Vascular Disorders | Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group
Section of the website that leads to informational pages for Brain Aneurysms, Brain Arteriovenous Malformations, Brain Cavernous Malformations, Dural Arteriovenous Malformations, Vein of Galen Malformations, Carotid Stenosis, and other brain vascular malf
- Treatment for Arteriovenous Malformation | Stroke Association
Short explanations on diagnoses and factors that go into deciding upon a treatment, types of treatments (medical therapy, surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, interventional neuroradiology/endovascular neurosurgery), and overview of what kinds of doctors s
- Treatment of Arteriovenous Malformation | The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation
Outlines treatment options (surgery, radiosurgery, embolization, conservative medical management, options in children, treatment during pregnancy) with diagrams as well as information on how to make informed decisions and information on what special consi
- Treatment of Vascular Malformations | Toronto Brain Vascular Malformation Study Group
Explains treatment options of various vascular malformations using websites, flash, and videos.
- Vein of Galen Malformations | Boston Children's Hospital
Information about a special case of AVM called “Vein of Galen Malformation.”
- Video: Arteriovenous Malformation
An introduction to Arteriovenous Malformation; video created for a graphic design class by an AVM Survivor
- What is Arteriovenous Malformation? | Stroke Association
Information about avms, their types, ways of diagnoses, and treatments, as well as reference on what kinds of professionals specialize in treating brain AVMs.